Redemptive Historical Unfolding: God Reveals Through Time
- The revealing of God’s plan of redemption in the Scriptures is tied to time and space, cultures and people.
- Biblical theology utilizes the Bible’s themes, images, concepts, and types to understand and communicate biblical truths about God’s plan in Christ to extend grace to people in order to redeem them.
- The plan of salvation amplifies through history. The “unfolding” gains momentum and substance, with all roads leading to salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Scripture uses the covenants, themes, concepts, persons, places, objects, actions, and events to reveal God’s redemptive plan in increasingly detailed perspective. At the same time, Scripture gives us an overarching view of the “grand narrative” of redemption.
- Biblical theology explores both the increasingly detailed perspective and the larger whole—the grand vista.
- The method of biblical theology leads us to understand how the parts of Scripture fit into the larger whole.
Check out theunfolding.bible for reading plans and more resources